Do not try to loose weight while you’re pregnant. Weight-loss regimes are potentially hazardous to you and your baby because while you are getting rid of calories, you are also loosing important vitamins and minerals like iron and acid folic.
However you need to watch carefully what are you eating while pregnancy.
Here are some tips*:
- Don’t forget breakfast
- Drink water instead of soda
- Eat a variety of foods to get all the nutrients you need
- Choose foods high in fiber that are enriched such as whole-grain breads, cereals, fruits, and vegetables
- Make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals in your daily diet
- Eat and drink at least four servings of dairy products and calcium-rich foods
- Eat at least three servings of iron-rich foods per day
- Choose at least one good source of vitamin C every day
- Take a prenatal vitamin with folic acid every day
- Choose at least one source of vitamin A every other day
- Eat 8 to 12 ounces of seafood each week
Be Careful – Food to avoid or limit during pregnancy
- Avoid alcohol
- Limit caffeine
- Saccharin (sugar substitute) is strongly discouraged
- Decrease the total amount of fat you eat to 30% or less
- Limit cholesterol intake to 300 mg or less per day
- Don’t eat soft cheeses like feta, Brie, and goat cheese
- Avoid uncooked or undercooked meats or fish (like sushi, shellfish like oysters and clams)
- Stay away of food with high levels of mercury such as shark, swordfish, king mackerel, or tilefish
* Please note that product information presented on this website is intended only as a brief summary for the visitor’s convenience. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR, OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE TIPS.